Share | 

A Live One - At Last!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostA Live One - At Last!

A great chasm has appeared in our garden due to the driest September on record.
The 'boggy' part of the garden has lovely lush grass on it and as you go further up the garden, towards the trees, the green turns to dead looking straw-like material lol.

The stepping stones are stood proud on top of dried out clay and the chasm has appeared around one of the stepping stones and branching out into the garden. This created a lot of interest for Lily and Daisy today.

I was curious to see Daisy's whole front leg and paw poking around inside the chasm. At first I thought she was just being daft - I mean, who'd thrust their whole arm into a gaping hole if they couldn't seen what's inside? - but her insistence caught my eye.

I kept a look out and suddenly she was jumping around. Then I saw her toss something up in the air. I ran out through the patio doors and expected to find her playing with leaves when I found a live animal! It looks to me like a vole or a mouse, I'm not sure yet till hubby's home, but I managed to grab it off of her. Heaven knows how it survived that violent throw, but it did and is now safely captive inside an upturned egg box.

Do I release it back out in the garden or take it down by the river to release? What if it has family in our garden?

Trouble is, other cats might get it... think I'll take it to the river bank, plus it's dusk now, so it'll stand a greater chance!

It's nice to find a live one though, I'm usually too late!!
Back to top Go down
http://purrsnwhiskers.co.uk

Similar topics

-
» Anyone live near Salisbury, MD?
» live chat ............
» Fans of Big Cat Live/Diary/Week
» Doing 'funny' things with live pitviper [Mamushi, Gloydius sp.]
» live rock sculpture
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

A Live One - At Last! :: Comments

Re: A Live One - At Last!
Post on Mon 05 Oct 2009, 19:55 by gemini
Oooooh I'm not sure what you should do with it! If your cats stay in at night then I think I would release it back into the garden. If it does have family then it will find them. Hopefully it will have gone by the time the Flower Girls go back out. Wherever you release it, it could still get caught by something else. You've done your best for it whatever happens
Post on Mon 05 Oct 2009, 20:24 by hamster
gemini wrote:
Oooooh I'm not sure what you should do with it! If your cats stay in at night then I think I would release it back into the garden. If it does have family then it will find them. Hopefully it will have gone by the time the Flower Girls go back out. Wherever you release it, it could still get caught by something else. You've done your best for it whatever happens

good idea there
Post on Mon 05 Oct 2009, 20:25 by Flower Girl
The river's at the bottom of our garden, over the fence, so I released it there as other cats come into our garden and they may have caught it. Hubby reckons it'll find its way back if need be, but as it was actually a vole, it's probably better off near the river anyway.

I'm so pleased that I saved a life today, even though it was only a tiny creature.
Post on Tue 06 Oct 2009, 11:23 by gemini
Ooooh sounds idyllic having a river at the botom of the garden
Post on Tue 06 Oct 2009, 11:38 by Flower Girl
It sounds it, but we do have a 6 foot fence in the way lol.
Post on Tue 06 Oct 2009, 12:12 by gemini
I once lived in a ground floor flat in Sheffield, and there was a stream running through the grounds, probably about 20 feet from the big patio door in my lounge. Every day, at roughly the same time, a little duck used to waddle up to the window (my flat had the only patio door in the block) and wait for me to throw some bread. It really used to make my day. If for any reason he didn't turn up I used to feel really down!

Last edited by gemini on Tue 06 Oct 2009, 13:28; edited 1 time in total
Post on Tue 06 Oct 2009, 12:48 by Flower Girl
Awww that's really lovely, Gemini. It makes you feel connected to nature, doesn't it?

We have ducks, moorhens and swans but they are all over their side and not in our garden. I took a pic of a swan last weekend and it was very aggressive and was hissing like mad at me... didn't stop me couching down and taking some shots though lol.
Post  by Sponsored content

A Live One - At Last!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Purrs'n'Whiskers :: Members' Blogs :: A day in the lives of the Flower Girls-
Jump to: