Purrs'n'Whiskers - The Cat Lovers' Guide To The Feline Universe

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ  Log in  WebsiteWebsite  

On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?
 Twice
 4 times
 8 times
 16 times
View results
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Fri 21 Dec 2012, 14:41

This is a tricky question!

Spoiler:

Last edited by Flower Girl on Mon 25 Feb 2013, 14:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://purrsnwhiskers.co.uk
gemini

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Fri 21 Dec 2012, 16:59

I haven't got a clue,but guessed on the basis that mine would eat all day long given half a chance
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Fri 21 Dec 2012, 17:12

gemini wrote:
I haven't got a clue,but guessed on the basis that mine would eat all day long given half a chance
It's not just my cats then lol.
Back to top Go down
mrsmarple
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Sat 22 Dec 2012, 18:11

Mine scarf their food in the morning sleep all day and eat again when I get home about 3 pm and maybe again later. They also have a constant supply of dry as no one but me feeds them usually and I'm sometimes out all day.

They are right little porkers though so prob eat all day.
Back to top Go down
Yorkshirerose
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Mon 24 Dec 2012, 13:44

I know Georgie really wouldnt be bothered and would graze all day.

Jerry on the other hand will eat until everything has gone .... Needless to say we cannot leave an endless supply out and ration them when we are not in otherwise we would have to roll Jerry around lol
Back to top Go down
gemini

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Mon 24 Dec 2012, 15:33

So, what is the correct answer Flower Girl?
Back to top Go down
Murmur
Kitten
Kitten

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Wed 26 Dec 2012, 05:11

I'm not really sure. I fill there food bowl in the morning and then I just barely cover the bottom before I go to bed since the food bowls usually empty around 6ish
Back to top Go down
http://naivewithcats.blogspot.com/
Caz

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Wed 26 Dec 2012, 19:07

I guessed 4

Mine are eager to get their breakfast, go back to have lunch, another meal in the late afternoon and before I go to bed they come running when they hear their dishes being filled again ...
Back to top Go down
hamster
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Sat 26 Jan 2013, 21:30

mine will just eat and eat and will then vomit it up. We have no idea of her history for the first three years.
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Mon 25 Feb 2013, 14:34

I've posted the answer in the original post
Back to top Go down
gemini

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Mon 25 Feb 2013, 15:10

Yay i was right (for a change!) but I am definitely not feeding mine 10 - 16 times a day!
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:08

gemini wrote:
Yay i was right (for a change!) but I am definitely not feeding mine 10 - 16 times a day!
I think I already do lol, They take a small mouthful and then want to go back out... then back in for a small mouthful... then back out... then in... then out....

Back to top Go down
hamster
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Mon 25 Feb 2013, 18:49

When we had Fleabag we were told to put enough food down for her to graze on it all day as and when she wanted. WRONG! She kept gulping it all down and there was never any left. Then she was ill!
Back to top Go down
gemini

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Tue 26 Feb 2013, 13:38

Mine eat until their bowl ia empty. They know that if they leave it then one of the others will have emptied the bowl by the time they return!
Back to top Go down
hamster
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   Thu 28 Feb 2013, 11:34

gemini wrote:
Mine eat until their bowl ia empty. They know that if they leave it then one of the others will have emptied the bowl by the time they return!

Think we'd all feel like that so you can't blame them
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On average, how many times a day does a cat eat if they have free access to their daily ration?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Purrs'n'Whiskers :: Cat Chat :: Polls -