Purrs'n'Whiskers - The Cat Lovers' Guide To The Feline Universe
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  FAQFAQ  Log in  WebsiteWebsite  

 

 How does your cat score?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Author Message
avatar
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin


PostSubject: How does your cat score?   Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:26

Royal Canin are offering dietary advice for cats:

http://www.royalcanin.co.uk//newsletter/royal-canin-cares-cat-jan/how-does-your-cat-score

When I looked at this chart and checked it against the Flower Girls, I can honestly say they featured in the last category - markedly obese!


"The problem is that most owners don’t know precisely what their cat
should weigh - a healthy weight for one cat may not be healthy for
another. In fact, healthy adult weights can vary from as little as 2kg
to 6kg or more depending on breed, type and size. And with these small
numbers just a few 100g either way can make all the difference between a
healthy weight and the beginnings of a weight problem."

"To help combat this problem, vets and nurses use Body Condition Scoring all the
time when assessing cats’ weight and there is no reason why you can’t
learn to do it at home too."


Back to top Go down
http://purrsnwhiskers.co.uk
avatar
hamster
Top Cat
Top Cat


PostSubject: Re: How does your cat score?   Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:31

I have to own up that I never worry as every time she goes for injections etc the vet says that Fleabag is fine. She has to go next month for her injection and I will be checking with them again.
Back to top Go down
avatar
mrsmarple
Top Cat
Top Cat


PostSubject: Re: How does your cat score?   Tue 21 Feb 2012, 07:15

I will check mine out later. I weigh them on the wii. Don't want to weigh myself though.
Back to top Go down
avatar
gemini
Moderator
Moderator


PostSubject: Re: How does your cat score?   Tue 21 Feb 2012, 09:31

Well, pearl is definitely a 5, and Saph and May are probably a 4. Ruby is probably between a 3 and 4, and Sparky and Dex are both a 3.

Hmmmm......... why is it that the females in my feline family are the ones who are overweight?? Not fair! They don't eat as much as the males (Dex is particular is soooo greedy!)
Back to top Go down
avatar
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin


PostSubject: Re: How does your cat score?   Wed 22 Feb 2012, 22:43

hamster wrote:
I have to own up that I never worry as every time she goes for injections etc the vet says that Fleabag is fine. She has to go next month for her injection and I will be checking with them again.
Sounds like she's doing okay, Hamster. What's Fleabag's real name btw?
Back to top Go down
http://purrsnwhiskers.co.uk
avatar
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin


PostSubject: Re: How does your cat score?   Wed 22 Feb 2012, 22:44

mrsmarple wrote:
I will check mine out later. I weigh them on the wii. Don't want to weigh myself though.
I had to chuckle when I read that, Mrsmarple.
Back to top Go down
http://purrsnwhiskers.co.uk
avatar
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin


PostSubject: Re: How does your cat score?   Wed 22 Feb 2012, 22:44

gemini wrote:
Well, pearl is definitely a 5, and Saph and May are probably a 4. Ruby is probably between a 3 and 4, and Sparky and Dex are both a 3.

Hmmmm......... why is it that the females in my feline family are the ones who are overweight?? Not fair! They don't eat as much as the males (Dex is particular is soooo greedy!)

I wonder if male metabolism is different and that's why.
Back to top Go down
http://purrsnwhiskers.co.uk

Sponsored content



PostSubject: Re: How does your cat score?   

Back to top Go down
 

How does your cat score?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Purrs'n'Whiskers :: Cat Chat :: Cat Care -