20% [ 2 ]
Layla foster kitten
30%
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Tue 14 Dec 2010, 15:36

Our December Top Cat Contest is now open!

If you've never entered before, click here for the rules.

We're accepting Top Cat entries for the next 36 hours and then voting will commence Thursday, 16th December. The winner will be announced on Friday 17th December.

When entering your photos, please remember to:

1. State clearly the name of your cat.

2. Give us a little bit of information about your cat as well.

Members can re-enter any photos that they have previously submitted, providing that photo hasn't already won them the competition.

Also, you need to be logged in to submit your entry.

Good luck everyone.

Last edited by Flower Girl on Wed 12 Jan 2011, 00:17; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://purrsnwhiskers.co.uk
Honeysuckle
Puss'n'Boots
Puss'n'Boots

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Wed 15 Dec 2010, 10:14

This is Lyra who came into our lives at six weeks. She is now 2 and a half years old. Her mum's owner sadly died of old age and the daughter abandoned the cats out into the street so that she could sell the house. Fortunately, the RSPCA were able to rescue Lyra's mum but RSPCA already had so many rescue animals in her house that Lyra and her mum were living in a tiny downstairs toilet. She brings us such joy, we love her to bits and we still often often say:"How did we manage without Lyra!"

Here she is as a tiny kitten.

Lyra on her favourite place. The bean bag by the fire.

laugh

Back to top Go down
Yorkshirerose
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Wed 15 Dec 2010, 14:41

This is my little fatty Jerry.
One of his favourite places is on the bed and here he is looking very impressed that he has jumped in where i was sitting and it is nice and warm!
Back to top Go down
Honeysuckle
Puss'n'Boots
Puss'n'Boots

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Wed 15 Dec 2010, 17:16

laugh I love that picture of Jerry. x
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Wed 15 Dec 2010, 17:17

Hehe Jerry and Lyra have a lot in common with sleeping on their backs

Lovely pics, girls.
Back to top Go down
gemini

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Wed 15 Dec 2010, 21:18

Well I am entering two photos this time.

First of all we have Sparky. He is 3 years old now, and full of mischief. We adopted him when he was 4 months old. He was a stray taken in by Hull Animal Welfare Trust. This is the December photo on my 2011 calendar smile

And I just couldn't resist entering this photo of Layla. She was one of our foster kittens and came to us with her brother and mum. It was taken when she was about 7 or 8 weeks old. She has now been re-homed. I have had this photo put onto a mug for Stuart as an extra Xmas pressie from our foster cats!

Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Thu 16 Dec 2010, 20:23

Fabulous photos there, they are all soooo cute!

Voting has now commenced!
Back to top Go down
Honeysuckle
Puss'n'Boots
Puss'n'Boots

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Thu 16 Dec 2010, 21:56

Had to vote for little Layla with her little tongue. hug hearts
Back to top Go down
Yorkshirerose
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Fri 17 Dec 2010, 13:24

i voted for santa Sparky as i think he is very cute.
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Sat 18 Dec 2010, 21:46

Awww it's been so difficult to vote, they are all so lovely, especially Sparky and Layla - sooo cute!

I narrowed it down to 2 though and I was torn between Jerry on the bed and Lyra as a tiny kitten. I had to vote for Lyra in the end (sorry Jerry!).

However, we now have a tie between Lyra as a kitten and on the bean bag... what shall we do now lol?
Back to top Go down
gemini

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Sun 19 Dec 2010, 10:21

A vote between just the two of them?

Edited to say, just noticed that Lyra as a kitten is out in front, so problem solved thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Honeysuckle
Puss'n'Boots
Puss'n'Boots

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Sun 19 Dec 2010, 13:44

Hi, yes, I'm not too sure of the rules or if I've messed things up. I was only trying to submit one entry for Lyra - just with her in different poses. Didn't realise each photo had a vote! Sorry.
Back to top Go down
mrsmarple
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Sun 19 Dec 2010, 15:46

They are all so precious. yes Very difficult indeed.
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Mon 20 Dec 2010, 12:09

No problem, Honeysuckle.

We have another tie now lol, Lyra as a tiny kitten and Layla the kitten.

Okay, I'm going to close the poll now and declare Lyra and Layla as joint winners!

I'll pop back on here later and change the pics and do a proper announcement.
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Tue 21 Dec 2010, 18:48

The results for December's Top Cat are:

Lyra as a tiny kitten 30%
Layla foster kitten 30%
Lyra on her bean bag 20%
Sparky santa 20%
Lyra 1 & Jerry on the bed sadly didn't get any votes

December's Top Cat Winners are:

LYRA & LAYLA

Lyra and Layla's photo will now be placed in our Monthly Winner's Box
and in our Top Cat Hall of Fame.

Back to top Go down
mrsmarple
Top Cat
Top Cat

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Tue 21 Dec 2010, 18:58

congratulations To Lyra & Layla 2 gorgeous girls. yes
Back to top Go down
Honeysuckle
Puss'n'Boots
Puss'n'Boots

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Tue 21 Dec 2010, 20:18

Thank you so much to all who voted for Lyra as a kitten. I voted for little Layla and I am so glad they are joint winners. yahoo
Back to top Go down
Flower Girl
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    Wed 22 Dec 2010, 13:03

They are all sooo boooooootiful!
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *    

Back to top Go down

2010 DECEMBER TOP CAT JOINT WINNERS * LYRA & LAYLA *

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Purrs'n'Whiskers :: Competition :: Top Cat Contest -